Dr Ivor Emanuel has been in private practice in San Francisco since1976.
Dr Emanuel is Board Certified
Dr Emanuel’s expertise in allergy and naso-sinus disease, has enabled him to bring the latest innovations and advances to San Francisco Ear, Nose and Throat & Allergy
Dr Emanuel is a Clinical Assistant Professor in Otolaryngology at the University of California, San Francisco, and is also a member of the clinical faculty in the Department of Otolaryngology at Stanford University, Palo Alto, California.
Dr Emanuel received his medical degree at the University of Witwatersrand in South Africa. He completed his otolaryngology residency at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City and a head and neck fellowship at the University of Cincinnati.
Dr Emanuel is a Fellow and Past President of the American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy. He is a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery and the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
Throughout his career, Dr Emanuel has edited and written numerous scientific articles, book chapters and other professional publications. He has lectured extensively both in the United States and internationally, especially on the subject of in vitro (blood testing) allergy diagnosis, acute and chronic sinus disease, the allergic relationship to chronic sinusitis and sublingual immunotherapy.
He is considered a national expert in the field of sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) having used this form of treatment for over 20 years He has been a medical consultant for Blue Shield of Northern California since 1985 and was a medical consultant for Phadia diagnostics from 1986 – 1994.
He has sat on the Otolaryngology and Allergy Advisory Board, and been a member of the Educational Speaker’s Bureau for many of the leading pharmaceutical companies such as Sanofi-Aventis, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Merck/Schering and Astra-Zeneka Corporations.
- Assessment of In Vitro IgE Testing to Diagnose Allergic Disease. Annals of Allergy, 1985
- Comparison of In Vitro Allergy Diagnostic Methods. Immunology and Allergy Practice,1985
- Allergic Rhinitis. Audiodigest in Otolaryngology, May, 1986
- A Comparison of In vitro Diagnostic Assays. Ear, Nose and Throat Journal, 1990
- In Vitro Testing. A Monograph. American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy. Senior Editor. Thieme, 1994
- Performance Characteristics in the Evaluation of In Vitro assays. In vitro monograph. Thieme, 1994
- Allergic Rhinitis and Sinusitis. Clinical Courier, vol 15 #4, March 1997
- In Vitro Assays for IgE .Otolaryngic Clinics of North America, Feb.1997
- Current Opinions in Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, Editor, Allergy section, 1997-99
- Atopic Factors in Upper Respiratory Tract Disease: Diagnosing and Managing Nasal Symptoms. Annenberg Center for Health Sciences, CME; American Academy of Family Practice, 2000
- The Management of Allergic Rhinitis. Illinois State Medical Society and Illinois Academy of Family Practice, 2000
- “The Allergy Report” task force. American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, 2000.
- Chronic Rhinosinusitis: Allergy and Sinus CT relationships, Otolaryng/Head and Neck Surgery, 2001
- In vitro Testing for Allergy Diagnosis. Otolaryngic Clinics of North America, Oct. 2003
- Allergic and Non-Allergic Rhinitis. Chapter, Current Diagnosis and Treatment in Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery,
- Lange series, 2004. Allergic and Non-Allergic Rhinitis. Chapter, Current Diagnosis and Treatment in Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, Lange series, Revised 2007
- Undertreatment of Allergy: Exploring the Utility of Sublingual Immunotherapy. Otolaryng/Head and Neck Surgery, 2009